Even though it’s still 80 degrees outside in South Carolina, fall is officially here. With the changing seasons, its time to start thinking about your fall lawn care maintenance. We’ve come up with a list of chores to ensure your lawn stays healthy during the fall season and heading into the winter months.
– Fall planting should start immediately. Planting now will give trees and shrubs a chance to develop a root system before the go dormant and the cold weather comes.
– Water your lawn & plants less.
– Adjust your lawn mower height. Giving your grass a bit more height before colder months will help it stay healthy.
– Fertilize your fescues and bermuda grasses. You do not need to apply a fall fertilizer to Zoysia, Centipede or St. Augustine grasses)
– Apply a pre-emergent. This product will stop the seeds of weeds from germinating and thus, will save you labor and aggravation.
– Let your lawn breathe. Give your lawn some air by aerating it. Poking regularly spaced holes into your lawn should be considered regular autumn lawn maintenance.
Whether you need your lawn maintained, aerated, or fertilized, be sure to call Going Green Lawn Care & Landscaping for all of your lawn care needs. When it comes to lawn care in Lexington SC, Going Green Lawn Care & Landscaping has the knowledge and experience to help your lawn thrive during the fall season.